Wednesday 4 July 2007

One Noodle, SS2

Wednesday night, I went dinner with Wong Chee San, the big bully and my tai ka che (big sister) in office. At first, she suggested to eat at Big Bowl Restaurant but when we reached that restaurant which she herself aren't sure where it is, the name is actually Giant Bowl Restaurant.

We decided to change our mind as in not to eat at Giant Bowl Restaurant because it's a vegetarian restaurant. So we walked a few streets and arrived at One Noodle Restaurant. It's just beside the green colour signboard of Prince Cafe and same row as KFC.



This restaurant is quite similar to Dragon-i because of it's design and variety of food but One Noodle also offers local favourites dishes using their special La Mein. Once you have taken your seat, they will serve you with very cold hand towels and a small bowl of squid. We thought it was free but come on, nothing is free. The small bowl of squid comes at a price of RM3.00 but it tasted quite delicious because of the thick gravy. Ah ha~~, they don't charge you for the hand towel but sorry, you can't bring it home either. Chee San said the hand towels are given to us so that we can wipe our dirty hands before we start eating our meal. Chee San, we don't eat with our hands ok?!



I had HONG KONG CREAMY TEA (RM3.30). After half an hour, it's not that creamy anymore because of the melting ice. Quite dilutted.




Miss Wong had hot Lemon Honey (RM3.80) and I am not sure if the tea is nice or not because I'm afraid she will scold me if I drink her tea. Muahaha....anyway, according to her, very nice wor.



Before we order our own La Mein, we were attracted to their SHANGHAI STEAMED PORK DUMPLING (RM6.00) and these dumplings are bigger than the one (RM8.00) in Dragon-i. Quite delicious also and it's as good as Dragon-i's Siu Long Bao.



I had THAI STYLE SEAFOOD HOT SOUP LA MEIN (RM 14.80) and this is really Giant bowl. Trust me, it's very filling, not because of the La Mein but the seafood. For more details, scroll down further. Well, the La Mein was good also.



Since I have craving for something spicy, she decided to be a copycat. She had GOLDEN CURRY SEAFOOD LA MEIN (RM 14.80). According to her, it's not spicy enough and too much curry powder taste. Overall, she's satisfied with it.



In our bowls of La Mein, you can find 9 clams, 2 scallops, 3 big prawns, 2 mussels and 2 squids. Well, what can I say. I definitely love this bowl man...I mean the food. The picture below showed how hard Chee San was trying to "juggle" the seafood while I take a picture of it.



One Noodle Restaurant has become one of my favourite place for dinner. The total bill for the dinner was RM 52.56, thanks to the Government tax and service charge. We sat there for 3 hours until the lady came up and asked if we still want to eat anything. Of course I want but not at that moment lar. Think both of us rubbish bins meh.


Anyway, I will be back!!!

P/S: Until now, Chee San and I still think that, there should be actually 10 clams instead of 9. Why 9? It's so weird. Why 9? I think the chef was too hungry..maybe?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey... if you wanna try good xiao loong pau... i found one that is cheaper than my all time favourite JW Mariott... go to Mid Valley and go for a restaurant called Tu-Long... their La-mien is nice too...