Monday 28 January 2008

My Encounter with Malaysia's Policeman

Last December after Christmas, I was assigned to work in Butterworth for a few days. One of the nights, my colleague and I went to AutoCity's Starbucks for coffee and of course, to enjoy the free Wi-Fi service.

We left AutoCity around 1am and while we were on our back, we were stopped by a few policemen at a road block just outside of our hotel,
Pearl View Hotel.

Policeman : (Stared at us for awhile and signalled me to wind down the mirror)

Stephen : Yes?

Policeman : Tunjuk IC dan driver lesen.

Stephen : (Slowly take out my IC and driver's license)

Policeman : Oh, dari Kuala Lumpur! Sudah banyak lewat, datang dari mana dan sekarang pergi mana?

Stephen : Tadi kita pergi AutoCity untuk buat kerja. Sekarang balik hotel-lah. Neh..hotel kami sana saja-ma.

Policeman : You orang kerja apa?

Stephen : Auditor.

Policeman : Auditor? Apa itu? (Looks puzzled! As if auditors are linked to terrorism).

Stephen & Colleague : Auditor check accounts orang (stunned by the policeman's reaction).

Policeman : Park kereta dekat tepi. Saya nak check boot kereta awak.

Stephen : Ok! (Drives to the side of the road).

Colleague : Eh, later if he checks the car boot, I will go down with him. Afraid that he will put ecstasy pill and accuse us of possessing drugs.

Stephen : Ok, good!


While my colleague was observing the policeman checking my car boot, suddenly I heard a soft *Brum Pum* (something was being thrown back into the car boot). My colleague got back into the car and

Policeman : Cepat pergi...jalan jalan!

Stephen : OK!! Bye!

I asked my colleague what was that noise. He just can't stop laughing and he said that the policeman threw my soft toy because the policeman was freaked out of my soft toy.




Guys and girls, now you know what to put in your car rite?!?!

2 comments:

GraZie said...

After my bad encounter with two policemen last year, I shall perhaps consider this idea.....

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephen!

Would like to ask for some help since you have blog and have a fair share of readers.

The family of Nian Ning and her boyfriend (Chung Lern) is trying to get some justice and also petitioning so that they could change the way our Malaysia bus system works. You can get the details and the write ups of Nian Ning in http://www.buscrashnomore.blogspot.com/.

I hope you can do an article on it to create and awareness and do petition for it ya!
Thanks