Thursday 21 February 2008

Skipping Lunch?

I have been wanting to talk about this issue long time ago until today, this issue happened again. I find it super duper annoying if you decided to skip lunch/dinner due to various reasons like :

1) You had heavy breakfast/meal and you are not hungry for lunch/dinner;
2) You are having stomach discomfort therefore you don't have the appetite;
3) You have lunch appointments but you do not want other people to know;
4) You had medication or food poisoning therefore you don't have the appetite;
5) You are fasting for a reason
6) You slept very late yesterday and want to take a power nap during lunch time
7) You have no money and the list goes on and on

and people come to you and ask, "Eh, why don't want to eat ? Wanna lose weight / kam fei is it?" This is the most common and general remark that people will say to the lunch skipper.

I think the best answer to answer these people are...

If I am skipping lunch means I wanna lose weight. Then if you are eating means you wanna gain weight is it?

Yes, its advisble to eat 3 meals a day to maintain a healthy lifestyle but if one decides to skip a meal, do not make such remarks~la.

As if you will feel hungry if that skipper is not eating. What?! Now the skipper's mouth is connected to your stomach is it?

Bye..Going for lunch now. Gonna update my Shenzhen trip soon!

1 comment:

GraZie said...

I totally agree with you! I get irritated too when people always say that I'm vain or I'm trying to lose weight. (They say it in really envious-dripping-with-sarcasm tones)