Sunday 15 July 2007

Eggs on windscreen

Whenever I have free time at home, I will flip open the Astro Magazine and look out for Mythbusters under the Discovery Channel column. I really enjoy watching Adam, Jamie and co busting those myths with their knowledge in science etc.



Recently my mom told me about something and I decided to carry out my own experiment to proof if her theory is correct or wrong. Readers, don't try this at home unless the car belongs to you and don't try on your neighbour's car (unless you have their car keys).

The ingredients that you will need:

1) 2 eggs or more
2) 2 cars (oversea or local production)
3) camera
4) a pair of quick hands
5) water

Theory:
If you are driving along the road and suddenly the car beside you throws eggs onto your windscreen, don't use your wiper to wipe off the eggs. It will eventually smear the whole windscreen and you can't see anything. Then the attackers will come after you once you slow down your car.

Let's carry out the test. First car, Honda Accord ( To both my sisters, don't tell dad and mom that I used their car for this experiment ) and this was carried out during daytime.



I GENTLY smashed one egg onto Honda's windscreen. This is the proof.





Then I turned on the wiper function and within few strokes and with water. It's as clear as normal, at least. Well, they don't say THE POWER OF DREAMS for nothing. Power wipers!!

Now, Proton Saga's turn being tested in the evening.


Very ROUGHLY, I smashed the egg onto the windscreen.



After a few strokes, the screen looked abit blur. Probably because of the lousy wipers.

After carrying out this experiment, I noticed a few things. The conclusions are:
1) Without me telling, I am sure you know which car's wipers are better.
2) Eggs from the fridge and eggs from the "shelf" are different. Colder eggs smell damn bad.
3) I felt that my experiment outcome wasn't that good so I guess it's better not to wipe your windscreen if suddenly eggs start dropping onto your windscreen while driving along the road.
4) Daytime vision are always clearer than night vision, obviously.
5) I only used one egg on each car. Imagine the attackers throwing a tray of eggs onto your windescreen.
6) Whatever it is, don't SMEAR the eggs by wiping.

Thank you class for your attention.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that the attacker wouldnt read your blog and get the idea of eggs on windscreen.

Anonymous said...

Looks like an advert for power wipers than a heads up to me lolzz

Anonymous said...

I reckon it would be a worthy test in a hot climate. On a hot windscreen, and I mean 100+ degrees outside, the egg would spread with the wipers and it would go white, but even still, it would take quite a few eggs to achieve 'unable to see'. Lol! If a Landrover can scrape buckets of mud off then I am sure a bit of egg stands no chance.

Anonymous said...

Don't tell our secrets fool