Friday 10 August 2007

Datuk Tony Fernandes & Sir Richard Branson

AirAsia has become a common brand name, not only among the Malaysians but around the world. Datuk Tony Fernandes, the boss of AirAsia Bhd has done so much that NOW EVERYONE CAN FLY.

I received news that Sir Richard Branson is visiting the AirAsia HQ office with Datuk Tony Fernandes on Friday. Sir Richard Branson is a British Entrepreneur and also the founder of The Virgin Group which provides services in sectors such as mobile telephony, transportation, travel, financial services, leisure, music, holidays, publishing and retailing that generated US$20 billion in revenues last year. Check out the website here, it's one of the coolest websites I have seen.



Fortunately, I will be in LCCT when they make their visit, I must make sure that I can get their signatures and autographs. Think about it, getting world famous people to take photo with you, just that both of them are from the business world. Sir Richard Branson is in Malaysia because he is buying 20% stake which worth US$6million in AirAsia X, the world's latest low-cost long-haul airline. For more news, visit here and here.

Stephen: Sirs, can I have your autographs?

Datuk Tony: Err..mine or Richard's? You want mine as well?

Stephen: Of course yours as well!! *Sir Richard was busy waving his hands to everyone*

Datuk Tony: What's your name?

Stephen: Stephen.

Datuk Tony: Oh, Stephen. Are you an AirAsia staff as well? I don't think so rite? *Wrote "Dear Stephen, dare to dream!! From Tony *

Stephen: Nope. I am not.
Datuk Tony: Okays...thank you very much!!


Then Sir Richard signs and they were very nice enough to pose for photo when I asked to take a photo with them.



I really find it amazing to be able to stand between them and take a photo. How often do you have such a chance? Anyway, 9 out of 10 person will write out my name as Steven instead of Stephen when they ask my name. Datuk Tony was the special one and he didn't even ask me if he spelt my name correctly. Amazing rite?

No comments: