Saturday 14 July 2007

I am leaving soon

I just came back from my company's dinner. Everything went well and thank God, there wasn't any deja vu no.3 and shat related stuff. The 8 course Chinese dinner was great. No pictures taken because I forgot to bring my camera and also decided to stop posting food blogs for the moment. Hahaha... I will post again when I feel it's time cause recently the blogs have been food food and food. I will fulfill my social responsibility towards blog readers. LOL

Well, I am leaving my current company soon. My last day is on the 27th July. I am starting my new job on 1st August as an internal auditor in an accounting firm based in KL. Frankly speaking, I was very happy and when I was offered the position because this could and most likely be the turning point in my career. When they called me about the offer, I was in office anticipating their call. After ending the call, I wanted to jump and shout for joy but I couldn't. All I can do was calm myself down and hide my feelings. I quickly smsed and msned my friends to share the good news. Since then, I was looking forward to my last day in my current company and starting the new job.

Looking back to the first few weeks when I started working in my current company, I was quiet and just carry out my work and don't talk much. As time goes by, I tend to talk alot and mixed around with other people from the other departments such as procurement, contract, engineering and also my own department, accounts and finance. Last time, we always tapau/bungkus (takeaway) and eat at our own workstation and yea, in front of the computer. Seems quite lifeless. Nowadays we always have lunch together. Relationships grew stronger and we are much more friendlier with each other. Can joke about anything.

After yesterday night's company dinner in Sheraton Subang with my colleagues and my finance manager, I think I am going to miss them very much. We took our seats around 630pm and waited till around 815pm before the dinner officially starts. From the first moment we sat down, we started joking and making all sorts of funny conversation and just laughed all the way till the end. I would say that the atmosphere at our table was very lively and everyone just kept talking and laughing. Probably it was also because I was the youngest there and chatterbox non stop with my accomplice, Sim Wun Ping.

Towards the end of the dinner, I told my colleagues that I would steal one of items on the table (forgot the reason for saying that, probably it was because I wasn't satisfied that I got a bread toaster instead of a Nokia 6300 in the lucky draw event) then they were so suddenly so excited..trying to stuff the spoons and forks into my pockets etc. When I reached home, guess what I found?

Sim Wun Ping actually put this into my pocket and I didn't know about it.



This cute little thing is for you to put the edge of your chopsticks on top of it.
Should I return it to Sheraton Subang or bring it back to office for Sim Wun Ping to use? Well, I am so going to miss all of them. Almost all of them brought sweet memories to me during my 6 months in my current company.

No comments: