Monday 24 November 2008

My trip to Kuching

About two weeks ago, I just came back from Kuching and I don't have many photos to upload onto this site as I only have one day to walk around Waterfront and the places around there. I was there for work, remember?!?!


The Tua Pek Kong temple


One of the cafes facing the river named James Brooke Bistro and Cafe


The Chinese History Museum..

By the way, admission is free so if weather is melting you down, stopover at this small little museum for some cool air.


Inside view of the museum

As for lunch, we had some curry chicken pork rice with egg..


First time trying such combination


Sarawak laksa

After lunch, we decided to visit Fort Margherita which was built by Raja Charles Brooke in the 1870 to protect the city of Kuching.

Cost only 50 cents per ride~~


To get to Fort Margherita, you need to walk past some kampung houses and some bushes whereby you will encounter some 4 legged brown monster along the way..


Horsie horsie ~~~

Fort Magherita




Supposed to be some police museum whereby they showcase some old guns or rifles or some photos about how prisoners were kept at this place but when I was here, I saw only 6 identical rifles in a cabinet and that's all. When we climbed up the stairs, the rooms are empty and that's all. Admission was free but seriously, what the hell.. it was way way below my expectation and therefore, I have to leave a comment in the guestbook and leave before the guard comes back..

Seriously, no offence to Fort Margerita lovers.

1 comment:

GraZie said...

Hahahahahaha...I LOVE your comment!