Wednesday 18 July 2007

Malaysia 0 - 2 Iran

Ole Ole... Malaysia vs Iran, a match which everyone predicts that the Iranians will thrash the Malaysians. Kien Yit and I went to catch the match at Bukit Jalil National Stadium on Wednesday.



We bought the cheapest ticket which is RM 10. Our seats were behind the goal post area so in a way, it's not very near as you cant see the other side of the goal post and the actions clearly. We decided to climb over to the middle section as the atmosphere there are more lively, as the supporters brought drums and kompangs. During the 1st half, we didn't climb over because the Malaysian goal post is just right infront of us, so we expect more actions later on.

Malaysia's coach played a very defensive team that night with a 4-5-1 formation and it worked well until the 29th minute. The Iranians took the lead with a well struck penalty.

.

During the break, both of us climed over the barrier.




One day, I really wish I can take such photo at Old Trafford but sigh..





Around 79th minute, the Iranians scored their 2nd goal.



Throughout the match, I was quite excited and got carried away with the crowd as they stood and sat down when the Malaysians attack or clear the ball away from their half. I dropped my handphone and I didn't realise it also. Luckily a nice Japanese lady told me about it and both she and her husband were supporting Malaysia. Foreigners actually support Malaysia and I really wonder why other Malaysians were not in the stadium to support our local players?



Another funny thing was, the Malays behind me kept me entertaining me with their conversation. They just can't stop commentating on the game. For example,

-Thambi..bawak bola naik atas la..buat apa simpan bola...thambi..tendang la thambi!!!
-Woi...main macam ni..balik main masak-masak la...bodoh punya
-Belasah mereka sikit la..tak apa punya...jangan main lembik...
-Main kasar sikit la....

Well, so smart and talk so much, you go play~la. I've played for my school before and it's really tough even if you are playing with amateurs and what more, good opponents.

Anyway, Malaysia played a good game. Final score was 2-0. They knew they were not be able to win or draw with the Iranians but at least, they managed to keep the score low. After the match, the die-hard Malaysian fans started singing by hitting their kompangs and drums. Obviously, we joined in the party. Surprising enough..the Iranians supporters climb over and party with us as well.















Sometimes, I am proud to be a Malaysian..hahaha.. Malaysia Boleh!


1 comment:

talkIZcheap! said...

during that time stadium was always empty, nowadays, sesak cam gila... thanks to SEA Games Gold medal and AFF Suzuki Cup!! :p