Thursday 26 June 2008

Indonesia's KFC sucks!

I am currently down with food poisoning in Balikpapan, Indonesia. On the extreme side, I have never made so many trips to the toilet in my life before. I have never really like Indonesia food because its either very oily or its fried stuff.

Back to my trauma, my colleague and I went to Balikpapan for a one week assignment and our hotel, the Grand Tiga Mustika is about 20 minutes walk away from the only shopping centre nearby. Side-track awhile, when I was in Palembang last month, my colleague and I did not try the KFC even when we ran out of choice because the menu really looks like crap, not appetizing at all. But this time, we decided to give it a try.

The combination of the KFC menu in Indonesia is damn freaking weird. Trauma No.1 is the menu. One or two fried chicken with white rice/french fries served with a drink? How appetizing can it be? Of course, I chose the fries instead of rice. Trauma no.2 is the chilli sauce. Chilli sauce is supposed to be spicy but the one I had taste salty (feel like puking now). Trauma No.3 is the damn fried chickens. Freaking tasteless.

KFC is an international brand and at the level of expectation is that at least all their friend chickens taste the same. Besides that, I am sure they will customize their menu to suit the local taste but white rice and fried chicken? I am so tempted to write to the CEO or CFO of the KFC International to invite them over to Indonesia and try their own KFC.

Trauma No.4 is my 9th trip to the toilet now. Bye!
Don't you ever try the KFC in Indonesia. Pissing me off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't know any good food since your mind isn't open enough to try out different kinds of food. I'm NOT Indonesian and Balikpapan doesn't represent Indonesia AT ALL, I've been to (I bet) way more places than you (and also tried more food than you - and ofcourse know more food than you), even to Indonesia. So do NOT even try to comment or review stuff about food because clearly you don't have any idea of what you're trying to say. FYI, most Asians do eat fried chickens with white rice. SO, if you don't even know that BASIC so shut up and don't miss-lead people...

@h PhEn said...

Well..if u read carefully, i was talking about KFC and not other food. I do like indonesia food especially BAKSO. So pls dun post such comments, anonymous with no freaking balls.

Yauma Yulida H. said...

Hi, it's my first visit. I read your article. Well you actually really said "I am sure they will customize their menu to suit the local taste but white rice and fried chicken?".

I am Indonesian. In my country, mayber different with yours, our main dish is rice. Therefore, KFC Indonesia is right to serve chicken and white rice.

The problem with your stomach, as another friend of mine from abroad had experienced, maybe got shocked by the taste of the food or the sauce was too salty.

But I get your points about your others trauma, except the rice thing. I agree about the sauce thing.