Sunday 16 November 2008

I saw the White House!!

Last week, I was in East Malaysia for an audit assignment. I get to travel from Miri and all the way downwards to Kuching as my final stop. From Miri, I had to take a 3 hour bus ride to Bintulu and it was really a fun experience. Get to see those Rumah Panjang and lands becoming "empty" due to the logging process in the timber industry.


Yup, RM 20 for a 3 hours bus ride from Miri to Bintulu

During the journey, I was too bored so I decided to take a closer look at the bus ticket and guess what is written there..


Reductions in fares to certain groups of bus users...
No8. People claiming to be "Hard Core Poor"


I am not making a joke out of this statement but I really wonder how and based on what reasons or excuses that someone will be deemed as hard core poor! Maybe you need to show the bus companies your EPF statement or bank book?

Hehehe..try going to Pudu bus station and tell them that you want fare reductions because you are hard core poor. I wonder what will happen..

Anyway, when I was in Bintulu.. guess what I saw again..


The White House!!

Barack Obama is coming to Bintulu town~~~

No comments: